Back in December, I was told I had a complete previa and would have to deliver via c-section. So, for me, that meant planning what I needed to do before we headed into the hospital. I researched complications associated with previas, tips to have an easier recovery, and made plans for everything that I could plan. I knew that if I started having contractions I would have to have an emergency c-section so I tried really hard to limit my activities and stick to my pelvic rest guidelines.
Then we had my 30 week ultrasound and was told that the previa moved and was only marginal at this point. I could probably attempt a normal, vaginal delivery but would probably need to see how things progressed on the day. We scheduled a follow-up ultrasound a month later but continued pelvic rest.
At 34 weeks I was officially cleared of any previa! Yay for no c-section! But all my planning pretty much became moot at this point because I didn't expect to have a normal delivery. So I wrote up my birth plan, including a contingency for an unplanned c-section if it goes that way.
Now I'm at 37 weeks and waiting. I keep comparing this pregnancy to Wes' (and I shouldn't) and by this point I had already gone into early labor, stopped it, and stayed dilated at a 3 since 34 weeks. As of my appointment yesterday, I'm not at all dilated. But I had contractions all evening long. I've placed a towel in bed, under my side of the bed. My sister told me that only 15% of women actually have their water break on them and I reminded her that with Wes my water did break in bed. My bag is packed and I've got Wesley's big brother gift wrapped in my bag.
Two other big changes have happened since I last posted in December. Two days after Christmas my youngest sister had her first baby, a little boy. He is so mellow, a big ol' chubster. I was able to be in the room when he was born and that sure was fun!
Lady month, my other sister, had her first baby as well! Unfortunately for me she is living in Dallas right now and I wasn't able to fly down and be with her for her delivery. After a long, hard night and morning she delivered a healthy baby boy. He is so cute!
This little guy is the last of this round of babies. He is most likely going to be my last baby as well. I'm trying to enjoy this time as much I can but this pregnancy has been so difficult for me in so many ways that Wes' wasn't. Bleeding, nausea and vomiting, bleeding gums, so many restrictions, and trying to keep up with a very active 3 year old.
However, I am grateful that, for everything that has happened, he is still healthy and progressing normally. I am still healthy and have been taken care of by everyone around me. Now we wait to meet my little man.
Thursday, April 3, 2014
Three months means a lot of changes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment