Sunday, January 6, 2013

Crazy Real Dreams

I have really vivid dreams sometimes and when I wake up, I'm still in them.  I feel and act like I am still inside the dream and it really makes me sad when or scared when I wake up.  I often times have a sense of deja vu and I think it's because I remember some of my dreams so well.
One particular dream I remember I had about five years ago.  In my dream, Casey and I just had a baby boy and for the life of me I couldn't get him to latch on properly while breastfeeding him.  I was so upset that he was going to starve and I woke up crying. 
It just so happened that Casey was calling me from school to see what was going on and I answered sobbing that I couldn'y feed the baby.  He was a little concerned, to say the least, when I explained what I meant and he told me that we didn't have a baby.  I said that I knew that, it's just that the dream felt so real.
Also, during my pregnancy, I knew we were going to have a boy.  I had dreams of holding and playing with a little boy and was calling Wes a him long before we officially knew.  My sister also had dreams that I was carrying a boy, so it's not just me that dreams this way.
Last week when Wes was sick with the croup, I had a dream that there was an evil spirit in our house trying to hurt us.  It was in our bedroom only and anytime someone came in our room to try to help us, the spirit went after them as well. 
In the middle of the dream Wes woke up screaming.  He has occasionally woken up, sitting straight up in bed and screaming his head off.  When I go in there, though, he isn't actually awake.  As soon as I lay him down he is fine again.
When I heard him scream my first thought was that the spirit had Wes and I jumped out of bed.  I ran into his room and laid him down again and he was fine as soon as I laid him down he went out right away.  I, on the other hand, had a hard time going back to bed.  As I walked back to bed I had to really try not to jump into bed from a safe distance and I was a bit wary of going to the bathroom first, since it was so dark.
These dreams are so real when I'm having them and I that's why I think I can remember them so well for so long.  I had another dream last night but I won't say about what yet.  I want to see what comes of it without being let down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment